Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Trick of The Trade


Something I hate
Is to trade my feelings
For money or food
Or shelter or sex

There won't be a change
Or the trick of the trade
My feelings are mine
With me they will stay

I won't be yours
Or anyone else
To believe in this lie
Is to freeze into hell

And will the the stars fall?
Will the sea dry?
Can a heart love
And don't just die?

by Antonio Sousa
For Peter Jackson. July/2008

This poem was written a year ago or so, when I was living with Peter Jackson. Well, I guess you can have a feeling of how happy my life was...
And when I compare this poem with The Rhythm of Life, then I can see how my life changed and how happy I am right now, and that is saying a lot, since I am not one of the happiest guys in this world. Not for anyone's fault but mine.
I always say that "I carry the burden of Death", meaning that I understand that we all die someday. But then, should it be a reason to enjoy everything or a reason to threat existence itself as a burden?

No comments:

Post a Comment